Whether you’ve had your first snow or are still lounging in shorts and flip flops, the holiday season is here! This joyous time is a great opportunity to transform your log cabin into a winter paradise. Here are some fun and easy ideas for log cabin decorations.
Winter Cabin Decorations
- Yummy Décor – Fill glass jars with candy and spread throughout the cabin. Colorful gummies, chocolates, hard candies and peppermint bark will be loved by everyone. Don’t forget to replenish throughout the season.
- Spray paint your wood pile with a festive message and design.
- These easy rustic stockings only require burlap, twine and accessories!
- Custom Pine Cone Wreath – Position large pine cones, with the tips facing outward, in a tight ring around a grapevine wreath, and then attach the cones with florist wire. Nestle pieces of garland and smaller pine cones between the large cones to hide empty spots and create a lush look. Hang the wreath with wide satin ribbon, or add pieces of ribbon for a pop of color.
- Cranberry Wreath – Wrap a wreath with a cranberry chain for contrast.
- Winter Fruit Wreath – Accentuate a basic wreath with fresh fruit—red and green apples and oranges.
- Simple Centerpiece – Find a pretty serving tray and arrange metallic ornaments with evergreens. It’s easy yet elegant.
- Create a Winter Scene – Use a glass bowl and add faux snow, evergreen sprigs and miniature props, available at craft stores. Make a few and display throughout the cabin.
- From Halloween to Christmas – Still have your pumpkins? They can easily transition from fall to winter. Simply paint in festive gold and silver or whatever color you like.
- Paper whites fragrantly bloom at Christmas time. Adorn the flower’s shallow vase with cranberries, colorful glass or tiny ball ornaments.
- Merry Mailbox – Start your cabin decorations at the end of the driveway. Arrange evergreen swag around the mailbox and affix with wire. Accent with berries, tinsel, pine cones and bows.